Monday, March 16, 2009

Spirituality and Me !

I am not complete without the spiritual dimension. I am not a very strong and holy person, hence need the help from above to keep me going in the right path. The positive spiritual journey is the most beautiful state of life I have ever experienced and at the same time it is not that very easy. Very often my mind tells me to do only positive things, and unfortunately I end up doing very negative things, which I do not want to do. I am the happiest, when I am close to God, with a pure heart, without doing anything negative. The moment I do something wrong, this 'happy and peaceful' state of mine gets tarnished and over a period of time forms a thick coating of filth, which stops me to communicate with God (pray). Ultimately over a period of time I get tired and weary. All the positive energy in me dies off. Very often this happens to me when I think too much about my achievements and credentials, without attributing them to God.
Most of the real feelings in us are temporary. Like closeness with God and the bliss out of it. It is real, yet momentary. I get into peaks and lows. Love towards a person is again a real feeling - yet has it's crests and troughs. Real feelings leads to life and unfortunately are very momentary. The unreal feelings (plastics) of life leads to death, yet they are permanent and include feelings like lust, anger, lack of faith, lack of self respect, jealousy - these unreal, plastic feelings are with us till our death bed. To be able to adhere to the real positive feelings, we need providential help. Humans alone cannot achieve it. All our day to day actions should be governed by;
  • Obligation to God
  • Obligation to Self
  • Obligation to Family
  • Obligation to Work
  • Obligation to Society

This positive life is not going to be a habit overnight. Our daily activities, professional or personal should be governed by these obligations and the best way out is to use the daily planner to plan out tomorrow, today - in writing and then following them, so that there will not be much room for negativity in our daily life. Dont think that miracles will happen overnight. Faith and positve life can be compared to a mustard seed. It has to be nurtured and grown, till it becomes big and strong;

Jesus put before them another parable: 'The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that someone took and sowed in his field; it is the smallest of all the seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.' He told them another parable: 'The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed in with three measures of flour until all of it was leavened'.

Have a great positive day, filled with positive actions only !

No comments:

Post a Comment