Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
This is to inform you that I have passed the PMP examination yesterday (16th Dec 08). I took the ‘PM Distilled’ course at Cochin, in August 08. Your way of teaching, exam tips, course material and the sample questions all are really good and helped me a lot.
Monday, December 15, 2008
" If better is Possible" by John Buchanen - The winning strategies from the coach of Australia's most successful cricket team.
This is a great book, for anyone who is leading a team. A good read for every project manager. Through this book, John Buchanen shares his experiences in building a world class team and has lots for any team leader. After a long time, I am reading a book which is this interesting.
Monday, December 1, 2008
1) Work places can have lot of ‘toxic energy dumps’. Meaning negative energy (gossip, back biting, frowning, complaining, blaming etc….).
2) Choose your attitude. There is always a choice about the way you do your work, even if there is not a choice about the work itself. Do not allow the surroundings to determine your attitude at the work place (can be your days as well). You choose your attitude. Choose the attitude of positivity. Every day morning, tell yourself that “I am going to enjoy this day by doing the best I can”.
3) Play. Play your work. Make it fun filled, and enjoy it to the core.
4) Make their day. Include others into the play. While making your day memorable, help others to make their days also memorable.
5) Be present. Focus on the ‘NOW’. Always live in the present, and look for opportunities to play and make their days memorable.
Authors : Stephen C Lundin, Harry Paul and John Christensen