Sunday, August 2, 2009

The softest pillow is a clear conscience

I first heard about this quote in an interview with Mr.Narayanamurthy, the founder chairman of Infosys on NDTV. Since then, I am trying to reach that level. Some days, at the end of the day I am almost there, when my conscience is very clear at the end of the day, and I sleep well. Some days, I end up doing things, which I dont really intend to do. I have created more enemies by saying 'Yes' when I really want to say 'No'. It could be a cousin, who is seeking my help to find a better job for his son, or a distant relative who wants to make use of my connections to sell his products, or it could be a friend pouring that next drink, which you really dont like to have, or it could be the boss, who is proposing something which is not convincing to you. Some times I feel as if, life is all about making choices.

By saying 'Yes', when I really want to say 'No', actually I am going against my conscience. By trying to achieve a clear conscience at the end of the day, I am learning the art of saying 'No' to the things I really dont want to do, and I am learing to say 'Yes' to things ehich I really want to do, with utmost conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment